Today’s savvy business leaders realize that the media are a powerful tool in both marketing an organization’s message and mitigating damage in the time of a crisis.
Attendees will leave the session with very specific tools on how to conduct a news interview, communicate to many different audiences, and get the organization’s message across in a clear way. This session is excellent for beginners or those already familiar with the news media and has become popular as a refresher course to hone techniques and keep skills sharp.
Attendees will leave the session knowing how to:
- Answer any question from a news reporter using four specific response techniques
- Stay in control when the questions get tough
- Gain “think-time” and avoid the “deer in the headlights” look
- Stay on-message, no matter the circumstances
- Spot key differences between print, broadcast and blogger interviews
- Reduce those pesky “ummms” and “ahhhhs”
- Develop effective messages
- Control negative body language
- Become an exciting and interesting interview by using voice, face, gestures and more
- Overcome nervousness
- Unlimited number of attendees.
- Session can be tailored to fit any timeframe, from a 1-hour keynote speech all the way to a 6-hour highly interactive and hands-on seminar.
- Attendees will participate in several hands-on, interactive exercises.